- Technology for io-homecontrol® is based on the OSI reference model. Generic implementation, defined in the application protocol, offers a high level of coherence..
- All new functionalities and home devices work as soon as they are added to a home installation, without any additional programming or equipment.
- This means radio signals travel back and forth. This way, the remote controller both sends commands and receives information about the status of each home device.
Key for encryption
- The system scrambles messages so no one else can intercept or hack them (this also prevents electromagnetic interference). Each home device is uniquely able to receive and decode its signals, and then carry out commands.
Each home device is uniquely able to receive and decode its signals, and then carry out commands.
- All io-homecontrol® products work together, so that each homeowner controls their whole house as if it were one home device.
- A single remote control runs every product, regardless of the brand name, and manages all of its functionalities.
- Before the io-homecontrol® label goes on, each manufacturer has to guarantee that all of their io-homecontrol® products will not just "interoperate" with each other, but also with every other io-homecontrol® product.
- Lifestyle Scenarios make it easy to define, programme and modify at will and with a single click of the remote control, a series of commands. Homeowners personalise their settings, depending on their lifestyle and routine.